Lift up the Sandbag
- Degree of Difficulty 60% 60%
- Your legs are shoulder-wide and your back is slightly bent to the front. Hold the Sandbag with extended arms closely above the floor.
- Swing the Sandbag to the front of your chest and in the turning point, move it over your head.
- Finally move the Sandbag slowly back to the initial position.
- In the initial position your legs stand shoulder-wide apart and your toes are pointing to the front. Your upper body is bent forward, so that you are able to closely hold the Sandbag above the floor. Look to the front.
- Pull up the Sandbag close to your body supported by the swing. Support the movement with your legs and extend them at the same time. Move your hips to the front to support the swing (hip-drive). On chest level pull back your elbows, while your forearm still swings upwards. In the turning point extend your arms explosively and move the Sandbag over your head.
- Bend your arms in the elbow joints to move back the Sandbag. Put it on your chest. Extend your forearms pointing to the floor while opening the arms in your elbow joints. Finally bend your legs slightly and flex your upper body with your back straight to the front.
Keep your back in a straight position. Support the swing trough an extension of the hips (hip-drive).
Additional exercise instructions
The Sandbag exercise Lift is a complex exercise for the whole body. You mainly work on the thigh back, shoulder muscles and all the back muscles.
Related Sandbag exercises
Degree of difficulty Sandbag Rowing works the upper back https://youtu.be/K96aklm6vH0 The upper body is in a straight position and slightly bent forward. Your arms are extended and hold the Sandbag shortly above the floor. Your legs are slightly bent in the knees....
The Sandbag exercise Deadlift is a classical exercise that stimulates the lower back muscles and the back of the thighs.
The Sandbag exercise Around the head focuses mainly on the shoulder girdle. It improves the mobility in the shoulder, because of the circular movement of the Sandbag.
The Sandbag exercise Push-up Slide mainly trains the supporting muscles of the body. Additionally you strengthen your shoulder while dynamically pulling and isometrically leaning on the Sandbag.
The Sandbag exercise Shoulder Lift is a classic exercise for the shoulder muscles. The lifting of the Sandbag over the head leads to a high load of the anterior shoulder muscles.
The Sandbag exercise Lunge Front activates the thigh muscles on a very high level because of the additional weight coming from the Sandbag.