Lift and Drop off the Sandbag
- Degree of Difficulty 30% 30%
Lift the Sandbag and drop it behind yourself
- Your legs are shoulder-wide and the Sandbag lays on your shoulder.
- Drop the Sandbag over your shoulder.
- Lift the Sandbag and put it on the other shoulder.
- Your legs are shoulder-wide and your toes are pointing to the front. The whole body is under tension. The Sandbag lays on one shoulder and is held by your hands. Your arms are bent in the elbows and your forearms lay on your chest.
- Drop the Sandbag over your shoulder. The body keeps tension and equalises the momentum.
- Bent your knees and move your arms through your legs to grab the Sandbag again. The back keeps a straight position. Raise the Sandbag near to your body and put it on the other shoulder.
Keep your lower back straight during the whole exercise. When you raise the Sandbag again try to initiate the power from your legs and not your back.
Additional exercise instructions
In the Sandbag exercise Lift and Drop you first put the Sandbag on your shoulder and then drop it off behind yourself.
Related Sandbag exercises
Rowing with the Sandbag
Degree of difficulty Sandbag Rowing works the upper back https://youtu.be/K96aklm6vH0 The upper body is in a straight position and slightly bent forward. Your arms are extended and hold the Sandbag shortly above the floor. Your legs are slightly bent in the knees....
The Sandbag exercise Deadlift is a classical exercise that stimulates the lower back muscles and the back of the thighs.
The Sandbag exercise Lunge Front activates the thigh muscles on a very high level because of the additional weight coming from the Sandbag.
The Sandbag exercise Lunge Overhead is an intensive exercise for the supporting muscles. The back-extensor is activated because of the high load on the back muscles resulting from the weight of the Sandbag.
Lunge and Swing
The Sandbag exercise Lunge and Swing is a dynamic exercise which strengthens all core muscles. The movement is initiated by the thigh muscles.
This Sandbag exercise Lunge has a high load on the thigh muscles because of the additional weight coming from the Sandbag.