Shoulderpress with the Sandbag
- Degree of Difficulty 30% 30%
- Stable and upright stand. Hold the Sandbag in front of your chest.
- Raise the Sandbag over your head.
- Bend arms and bring back the Sandbag on your chest again.
- Take an upright stand. Your feet are shoulder- to hip-wide apart, so that you have a stable standing. The upper body is in a straight position. Your arms hold the Sandbag in front of the chest. The upper arms hang closely to the body and are bent in the elbow joint at a maximum.
- Lift your arms above the head and pull down and together your shoulderblades. The whole body is under high tension.
- Bend your arms and bring back the Sandbag to its initial position. The movement should be slow and controlled.
Pull together your shoulderblades for the whole exercise to prevent your shoulder from injuries.
Additional exercise instructions
The Sandbag exercise Shoulder Lift is a classic exercise for the shoulder muscles. The lifting of the Sandbag over the head leads to a high load of the anterior shoulder muscles.
Related Sandbag exercises
The Sandbag exercise Around the head focuses mainly on the shoulder girdle. It improves the mobility in the shoulder, because of the circular movement of the Sandbag.
The Sandbag exercise Push-up Slide mainly trains the supporting muscles of the body. Additionally you strengthen your shoulder while dynamically pulling and isometrically leaning on the Sandbag.
The Sandbag exercise Lift is a complex exercise for the whole body. You mainly work on the thigh back, shoulder muscles and all the back muscles.
The Sandbag exercise Shoulder Lift Side to Side strengthens the shoulder and neck muscles.