Lunge with the Sandbag
- Degree of Difficulty 30% 30%
Performing the Lunge with the Sandbag on your shoulder
- Upright stand. Sandbag lays on the shoulder.
- Lunge to the back.
- Extend your standing leg and hip to get back to the initial position.
- In the initial position the upper body is upright and you look to the front. Your feet stand close together and the toes are pointing to the front. Your arm is bent and your forearm is in a parallel position to the floor. The Sandbag lays on your shoulder and you hold it fixed with your hands.
- The sanding leg does not move, but the leg behind slides backwards until you reach an angle of 90° in the knee joint of the standing leg. The more you move back the leg, the higher the load on the buttocks. Your hip is going down a bit. The upper body keeps a straight position and balances the Sandbag on the shoulder.
- Extend the front leg and the hip while you pull back the other leg in the initial position. The upper body comes back into the higher position.
Don’t move your leg backwards too shortly, because in that position your knee will stay over your toes too far. This would raise the load on your knee joint.
Additional exercise instructions
This Sandbag exercise Lunge has a high load on the thigh muscles because of the additional weight coming from the Sandbag.
Related Sandbag exercises
The Sandbag exercise Lunge Front activates the thigh muscles on a very high level because of the additional weight coming from the Sandbag.
The Sandbag exercise Lunge Overhead is an intensive exercise for the supporting muscles. The back-extensor is activated because of the high load on the back muscles resulting from the weight of the Sandbag.
Lunge and Swing
The Sandbag exercise Lunge and Swing is a dynamic exercise which strengthens all core muscles. The movement is initiated by the thigh muscles.
The Sandbag exercise Lift is a complex exercise for the whole body. You mainly work on the thigh back, shoulder muscles and all the back muscles.
Lift and Drop
In the Sandbag exercise Lift and Drop you first put the Sandbag on your shoulder and then drop it off behind yourself.
The Sandbag exercise Snatch is a complex exercise for the whole body. You train mainly the thigh back and the muscles of your back.