Around the Head with the Sandbag
- Degree of Difficulty 60% 60%
Rotate the Sandbag around your head
- Hold the Sandbag behind your head. Your back is in a straight position.
- Rotate the Sandbag in the shoulder girdle around your head.
- Repeat the exercise in the other direction.
- Grab the Sandbag at the loops and move it with bent arms behind your head. Your feet are shoulder-wide and the toes are pointing to the front. Your body is in an upright position and from feet to head in one line.
- Rotate the Sandbag with your arms from the forehead over the ears to the back of the head. Always try to look forward. Pull together your shoulderblades. The rotation does only take place in the shoulder joints.
- Rotate the Sandbag in both directions.
Keep your back in a straight position. You need to look to the front for the whole exercise.
Additional exercise instructions
The Sandbag exercise Around the head focuses mainly on the shoulder girdle. It improves the mobility in the shoulder, because of the circular movement of the Sandbag.
Related Sandbag exercises
Around the body
The Sandbag exercise Around the Body mainly strengthens the core muscles. You mainly train the lateral abdominal and back muscles, because of the circular movement around the body.
The Sandbag exercise Push-up Slide mainly trains the supporting muscles of the body. Additionally you strengthen your shoulder while dynamically pulling and isometrically leaning on the Sandbag.
The Sandbag exercise Shoulder Lift is a classic exercise for the shoulder muscles. The lifting of the Sandbag over the head leads to a high load of the anterior shoulder muscles.
Lunge and Swing
The Sandbag exercise Lunge and Swing is a dynamic exercise which strengthens all core muscles. The movement is initiated by the thigh muscles.
The Sandbag exercise Lift is a complex exercise for the whole body. You mainly work on the thigh back, shoulder muscles and all the back muscles.
Shoulder Lift Side to Side
The Sandbag exercise Shoulder Lift Side to Side strengthens the shoulder and neck muscles.