Lunge with the Sandbag
- Degree of Difficulty 30% 30%
- Upright stand. Grab the Sandbag and press on the upper body.
- Move one leg backwards.
- Extend standing leg and hip to come back to the initial position.
- The upper body is in a upright position and you are looking forward. Your feet are standing close together and your toes are pointing forward. Clasp the Sandbag with both hands and press it to your chest.
- The sanding leg does not move, but the leg behind moves backwards until you reach an angle of 90° in the knee joint of the standing leg. The more you move back the leg, the higher the load on the buttocks. Your hip is going down a bit. The upper body keeps a straight position.
- Extend the standing leg and the hip and move back the leg behind until you reach the initial position again.
Don’t move your leg backwards too short, because in that position your knee will stay over your toes too far. This would raise the load on your knee joint.
Additional exercise instructions
The Sandbag exercise Lunge Front activates the thigh muscles on a very high level because of the additional weight coming from the Sandbag.
Related Sandbag exercises
The Sandbag exercise Lunge Overhead is an intensive exercise for the supporting muscles. The back-extensor is activated because of the high load on the back muscles resulting from the weight of the Sandbag.
Lunge and Swing
The Sandbag exercise Lunge and Swing is a dynamic exercise which strengthens all core muscles. The movement is initiated by the thigh muscles.
This Sandbag exercise Lunge has a high load on the thigh muscles because of the additional weight coming from the Sandbag.
The Sandbag exercise Lift is a complex exercise for the whole body. You mainly work on the thigh back, shoulder muscles and all the back muscles.
Lift and Drop
In the Sandbag exercise Lift and Drop you first put the Sandbag on your shoulder and then drop it off behind yourself.
The Sandbag exercise Snatch is a complex exercise for the whole body. You train mainly the thigh back and the muscles of your back.