Push-up with Side Switch on the Smashbell
- Degree of Difficulty 60% 60%
Smashbell Exercise for the Chest
- One hand is placed on the Smashbell.
- Arm bends and the chest comes close to the floor.
- Extend the arms to push the upper body back into the the starting position.
- After the extension, push the Smashbell to the other hand.
- The body begins in the push-up starting position. One hand is placed on the floor and the other on top of the Smashbell. Both arms are extended and the body forms a line from the head to the feet. Less advanced individuals can put their knees on the floor so that a line is formed from the head to the knees.
- While inhaling, the arms are bent at the elbow until the chest or nose is just before the ground. The rest of the body continues to form a line. Take particular care that the buttocks doesn’t drop and that the lower back stays hollow and rounded.
- While exhaling, the body is pushed up over the chest and arms. The concentration should be on the tension of the muscles used on the side of the Smashbell.
- The training arm pushes the Smashbell under the other palm of the hand and the exercise starts from the beginning.
The buttocks should form a line with the shoulders and the knees and it should not be broken.
Additional exercise instructions
With the kettlebell exercise Push-up Side-to-Side, the position of the Smashbell is switched from one hand to the other to dynamically train the chest muscles.
Related Kettlebell exercises
Balance Bent Over
The exercise Balance Bent Over with the Smashbell not only trains body balance but also the back of the thighs and the stomach muscles.
The Deadlift is a classic exercise for the lower back and the back of the thighs (hamstrings).
One Arm Deadlift
The kettlebell exercise Deadlift with one arm is different from normal deadlifts because it trains the deeper muscles in the trunk more intensely.
Kettlebell Swing with the Smashbell Degree of Difficulty Swing with the Kettlebell to Strengthen the Back Stand at shoulder width, legs bend, toes point forward. The upper body bends forward with a straight back. Smashbell is held with extended arms slightly off the...
The Turning Snatch is a complex kettlebell exercise for the entire body. The back of the thighs, shoulder muscles, and the whole body will be primarily trained.
The kettlebell exercise Table Long trains most of the body statically and only the shoulders and arm muscles work dynamically.