Kettlebell Swing with the Smashbell
- Degree of Difficulty 60% 60%
- Stand at shoulder width, legs bend, toes point forward. The upper body bends forward with a straight back. Smashbell is held with extended arms slightly off the ground.
- Extend the legs and bring the hips forward and swing the Smashbell up.
- Bend the knees and bring the buttocks back in order to lower the Smashbell back down.
- Stand at about shoulder width apart, toes point forward or slightly outwards. The legs are slightly bent at the knees so that the extended arms hold the Smashbell just over the floor. The back is straight and bent slightly forward. The buttocks is extended backwards.
- The Smashbell is swung up using the power of the legs and lower back so that the legs are extended and the hips are pushed forward. The whole back stays straight and maintains tension the entire time. The Smashbell is swung to at least the chest level.
- The tension is kept in the body and the hips and buttocks are brought backwards in order to swing the Smashbell back.
Back is kept straight throughout the entire exercise.
Additional exercise instructions
The Swing is the class kettlebell training exercise. Along with training the back of the thighs, is also trains dynamically all of the back muscles.
Related Kettlebell exercises
The exercise Balance Bent Over with the Smashbell not only trains body balance but also the back of the thighs and the stomach muscles.
The Deadlift is a classic exercise for the lower back and the back of the thighs (hamstrings).
The kettlebell exercise Deadlift with one arm is different from normal deadlifts because it trains the deeper muscles in the trunk more intensely.
The Turning Snatch is a complex kettlebell exercise for the entire body. The back of the thighs, shoulder muscles, and the whole body will be primarily trained.
The kettlebell exercise Table Long trains most of the body statically and only the shoulders and arm muscles work dynamically.
The Clean kettlebell exercise is somewhat complex and primarily trains the thighs and the back.