Body balance training with the Smashbell
- Degree of Difficulty 90% 90%
- Stand straight, legs together, hold the Smashbell with one hand in front of the body.
- Extend one leg behind the body. Body and extended leg are parallel to the floor. Smashbell is lowered in the direction of the floor.
- Bring the leg back to the floor, at the same time lift the body and pull the Smashbell back up.
- The legs stand close together. The body forms a line from the feet to the head. One hand holds the Smashbell with an extended arm on the side just in front of the body.
- Lift the leg on the same side as the Smashbell and extend the leg back until it is parallel to the floor. The head, back, buttocks, and lifted back leg form a line. The supporting leg can be slightly bent in order to better maintain balance. The Smashbell is brought down and set slightly on the floor with the extended arm. Don’t set the Smashbell completely on the floor, otherwise the body tension will be lost.
- In the rearward movement pull the Smashbell up with the extended arm. The straight leg is returned to the floor but is stopped just short of ground contact.
To help balance, the free hand can be taken forward when the leg is stretched behind the body.
Additional exercise instructions
The exercise Balance Bent Over with the Smashbell not only trains body balance but also the back of the thighs and the stomach muscles.
Related Kettlebell exercises
Kettlebell Swing with the Smashbell Degree of Difficulty Swing with the Kettlebell to Strengthen the Back Stand at shoulder width, legs bend, toes point forward. The upper body bends forward with a straight back. Smashbell is held with extended arms slightly off the...