Turning Snatch with the Smashbell
- Degree of Difficulty 90% 90%
Complex Exercise for the Legs and Back with the Kettlebell
- Stand at shoulder width, the upper body bends forward with a straight back.
- Smashbell is held with extended arms just above the ground.
- Swing the Smashbell in front of your chest and at the turning point flip it over and push it up.
- To end bring the Smashbell controlled back down and bring the body back into the starting position.
- Stand at about shoulder width in the starting position, the toes point forward. The upper body bends forward so that the entended arm holds the Smashbell just above the ground. The eyes look forward.
- From this position the extended arm swings back between the legs.
- The arm with the Smashbell swings up and pulls it up close to the body. While doing so work from the legs that are extended, and bring the hips forward to increase the momentum. At chest level, bring the elbow back while the forearm continues to swing upwards. At the turning point, extend the arm explosively and push the kettlebell up over the head.
- The returning movement is led by bending the arm so that the Smashbell rests on the chest. From this position the forearm is extended and the elbow is opened. To end the knees are slightly bent and the upper body is bent forward with a straight back.
Keep back straight during the entire exercise. Momentum is increased by extending the hips.
Additional exercise instructions
The Turning Snatch is a complex kettlebell exercise for the entire body. The back of the thighs, shoulder muscles, and the whole body will be primarily trained.
Related Kettlebell exercises
Balance Bent Over
The exercise Balance Bent Over with the Smashbell not only trains body balance but also the back of the thighs and the stomach muscles.
The Deadlift is a classic exercise for the lower back and the back of the thighs (hamstrings).
One Arm Deadlift
The kettlebell exercise Deadlift with one arm is different from normal deadlifts because it trains the deeper muscles in the trunk more intensely.
Kettlebell Swing with the Smashbell Degree of Difficulty Swing with the Kettlebell to Strengthen the Back Stand at shoulder width, legs bend, toes point forward. The upper body bends forward with a straight back. Smashbell is held with extended arms slightly off the...
The kettlebell exercise Table Long trains most of the body statically and only the shoulders and arm muscles work dynamically.
The Clean kettlebell exercise is somewhat complex and primarily trains the thighs and the back.