Push-up with Additional Weight in the Form of the Smashbell
- Degree of Difficulty 60% 60%
Push-up with the Smashbell as Additional Weight
- Body in Push-up position. Smashbell is laid in the neck.
- Bend arms and bring the chest close to the floor.
- Extend the arms and push the upper body back into the starting position.
- The body begins in the push-up starting position. Both arms are extended and the body forms a line from the head to the feet. A less advanced option is to leave your knees on the ground so that the line formed is from the head to the knees. For added weight, the Smashbell is placed in the neck and kept there throughtout the whole exercise.
- While inhaling, the arms are bent at the elbow until the chest or nose is brought just before the ground. The rest of the body continues to form a line. Take particular care that the buttocks doesn’t drop and that the lower back stays hollow and rounded.
- While exhaling, the body is pushed over the chest and arms back into the starting position. This should be done slowly and controlled, otherwise there’s a risk of dropping the Smashbell.
The buttocks should form a line with the knees and shoulders and shouldn’t break this line.
Additional exercise instructions
The kettlebell exercise Chest Press Weighted is a push-up done with the Smashbell used as additional weight to increase the strength of the chest muscles.
Related Kettlebell exercises
Balance Bent Over
The exercise Balance Bent Over with the Smashbell not only trains body balance but also the back of the thighs and the stomach muscles.
The Deadlift is a classic exercise for the lower back and the back of the thighs (hamstrings).
One Arm Deadlift
The kettlebell exercise Deadlift with one arm is different from normal deadlifts because it trains the deeper muscles in the trunk more intensely.
Kettlebell Swing with the Smashbell Degree of Difficulty Swing with the Kettlebell to Strengthen the Back Stand at shoulder width, legs bend, toes point forward. The upper body bends forward with a straight back. Smashbell is held with extended arms slightly off the...
The Turning Snatch is a complex kettlebell exercise for the entire body. The back of the thighs, shoulder muscles, and the whole body will be primarily trained.
The kettlebell exercise Table Long trains most of the body statically and only the shoulders and arm muscles work dynamically.