Snatch with the Kettlebell
- Degree of Difficulty 90% 90%
Snatch mit der Kettlebell
- Stand at shoulder width, upper body with a straight back bent forward.
- Extended arm holds Smashbell slightly above the floor.
- Use momentum of Smashbell to bring it in front of the chest and at turning point flip it over.
- Bring the Smashbell slowly down and and end with the body in starting position.
- Stand at about shoulder width in the starting position, the toes pointing forward. The upper body is bent forward so that the extended arm can hold the Smashbell slightly off the ground. The eyes look forward.
- From this position the extended arms swing the Smashbell between the legs.
- With the momentum pull the arm with the Smashbell along the body. Extend the legs and push the hips forward to strengthen the momentum. At about chest level, bring the elbow back while the forearm continues to swing upwards. At the turning point, the arm is extended explosively and the Smashbell is flipped over the head.
- The return movement is initiated through the bending of the arm, which brings the Smashbell slowly to rest on the chest. From this position the forearm is extended down and the arm is opened at the elbow. To end, slightly bend the knees and bend the upper body, with a straight back, forward.
Keep the back straight throughout the whole exercise. Strengthen the swing by extending the hips.
Additional exercise instructions
The Snatch is a complex kettlebell exercise for the whole body. The back of the thigh and the shoulder muscles are primarily trained.
Related Kettlebell exercises
Balance Bent Over
The exercise Balance Bent Over with the Smashbell not only trains body balance but also the back of the thighs and the stomach muscles.
The Deadlift is a classic exercise for the lower back and the back of the thighs (hamstrings).
One Arm Deadlift
The kettlebell exercise Deadlift with one arm is different from normal deadlifts because it trains the deeper muscles in the trunk more intensely.
Kettlebell Swing with the Smashbell Degree of Difficulty Swing with the Kettlebell to Strengthen the Back Stand at shoulder width, legs bend, toes point forward. The upper body bends forward with a straight back. Smashbell is held with extended arms slightly off the...
The Turning Snatch is a complex kettlebell exercise for the entire body. The back of the thighs, shoulder muscles, and the whole body will be primarily trained.
The kettlebell exercise Table Long trains most of the body statically and only the shoulders and arm muscles work dynamically.