Biceps-Curl with the Smashbell
- Degree of Difficulty 60% 60%
- Keep body straight. Arm with the Smashbell kept extended at the side.
- Bend the arm and bring the Smashbell in front of the chest.
- Extend the arm again to come back to the starting position. The tension in the arm is never completely lost.
- The arm is extended loosley next to the body in the starting position. The legs are separated at about hips width, the stand should be stable. The body creates a line from the feet to the head. The eyes are kept looking forward. The free arm can be supported on the side or placed bent behind the back.
- During exhalation the arm is bended in the elbow, so that the forearm is lifted up to the chest. The arm should be maximally bent in oder to use the biceps completely. The upperarm stays close to the body and does not change its position.
- During inhalation the biceps relax slowly. The forearm goes back to the starting position. There should always be some tension held in the bicep muscle, even when the forearm is at its lowest position.
Keep your upper arm and elbow in one position. Maintain tension in the arm during the entire exercise.
Additional exercise instructions
The Bicep-Curl with the Smashbell is a classic exercise for the arms. It trains mostly the biceps and makes for well-shaped bicep muscles.
Related Kettlebell exercises
The exercise Balance Bent Over with the Smashbell not only trains body balance but also the back of the thighs and the stomach muscles.
The Deadlift is a classic exercise for the lower back and the back of the thighs (hamstrings).
The kettlebell exercise Deadlift with one arm is different from normal deadlifts because it trains the deeper muscles in the trunk more intensely.
Kettlebell Swing with the Smashbell Degree of Difficulty Swing with the Kettlebell to Strengthen the Back Stand at shoulder width, legs bend, toes point forward. The upper body bends forward with a straight back. Smashbell is held with extended arms slightly off the...
The Turning Snatch is a complex kettlebell exercise for the entire body. The back of the thighs, shoulder muscles, and the whole body will be primarily trained.
The kettlebell exercise Table Long trains most of the body statically and only the shoulders and arm muscles work dynamically.