Snatch with the Sandbag
- Degree of Difficulty 30% 30%
- Your stand is shoulder-wide and your upper body is bent to the front with the back in a straight position.
- Hold the Sandbag with extended arms closely above the floor.
- Swing the Sandbag to your chest.
- Finally lower the Sandbag slowly and come back to the initial position.
- In the initial position your legs are shoulder-wide and your toes are pointing frontward. Your upper body is bent to the front, that you are able to hold the Sandbag closely above the floor. Look to the front.
- Pull up your arms from this position close to the body. Try to gain the power for this movement from your legs. Therefore extend your legs at the same time. To support the swing, move your hips to the front. Move your elbows to the front on chest level and put the Sandbag on your chest.
- Extend your forearms and open your elbow joints to move back the Sandbag. Bent your knees slightly and bring back the upper body into a flexed position. Your back is always in a straight position.
Always try to keep your back in a straight position. Support the swing with an extension of your hips (hip-drive).
Additional exercise instructions
The Sandbag exercise Snatch is a complex exercise for the whole body. You train mainly the thigh back and the muscles of your back.
Related Sandbag exercises
Degree of difficulty Sandbag Rowing works the upper back https://youtu.be/K96aklm6vH0 The upper body is in a straight position and slightly bent forward. Your arms are extended and hold the Sandbag shortly above the floor. Your legs are slightly bent in the knees....
The Sandbag exercise Deadlift is a classical exercise that stimulates the lower back muscles and the back of the thighs.
The Sandbag exercise Lunge Front activates the thigh muscles on a very high level because of the additional weight coming from the Sandbag.
The Sandbag exercise Lunge Overhead is an intensive exercise for the supporting muscles. The back-extensor is activated because of the high load on the back muscles resulting from the weight of the Sandbag.
The Sandbag exercise Lunge and Swing is a dynamic exercise which strengthens all core muscles. The movement is initiated by the thigh muscles.
This Sandbag exercise Lunge has a high load on the thigh muscles because of the additional weight coming from the Sandbag.