Lunge with Sandbag over your head
- Degree of Difficulty 90% 90%
- Upright stand. Grab the Sandbag and hold it with both hands to the top.
- Move one leg backwards.
- Extend your standing, front leg and the hip, to get back to the initial position.
- The upper body is in an upright position and you look to the front. Your feet stand close together and your toes are pointing forward. Raise the Sandbag with both arms above your head. Your back and abdominal muscles are under tension and maintain the body balance.
- The standing leg keeps position while you extend your leg behind backwards until the angle in the knee joint of the standing leg reaches 90°. The more you extend the leg, the higher the load on the buttocks. The hip is going down. The upper body keeps a straight position. Your hands hold the Sandbag in a perpendicular position upwards.
- Extend the standing leg and the hip and move back the leg behind until you reach the initial position again.
Don’t move your leg too short backwards, because in that position your knee will stay over your toes too far. This would raise the load on your knee joint.
Additional exercise instructions
The Sandbag exercise Lunge Overhead is an intensive exercise for the supporting muscles. The back-extensor is activated because of the high load on the back muscles resulting from the weight of the Sandbag.
Related Sandbag exercises
The Sandbag exercise Lunge Front activates the thigh muscles on a very high level because of the additional weight coming from the Sandbag.
The Sandbag exercise Lunge and Swing is a dynamic exercise which strengthens all core muscles. The movement is initiated by the thigh muscles.
This Sandbag exercise Lunge has a high load on the thigh muscles because of the additional weight coming from the Sandbag.
The Sandbag exercise Lift is a complex exercise for the whole body. You mainly work on the thigh back, shoulder muscles and all the back muscles.
In the Sandbag exercise Lift and Drop you first put the Sandbag on your shoulder and then drop it off behind yourself.
The Sandbag exercise Snatch is a complex exercise for the whole body. You train mainly the thigh back and the muscles of your back.