Swing the Sandbag while performing lunges
- Degree of Difficulty 90% 90%
- Upright stand. Sandbag on the shoulder. Hands in the straps.
- Make a lunge backwards and swing the Sandbag to the other side of the body.
- Swing back the Sandbag onto your shoulder supported by the power of core, legs and arms.
- Upright stand, you look to the front. The feet are close together and your toes are pointing to the front. The Sandbag lays on your shoulder and your hands hold it by grabbing straps.
- Move back your rear leg while the other leg is still standing. Pull the Sandbag off your shoulder while you extend your arms in the elbow joints. The shoulder muscles support the movement of the Sandbag to the other side of the body. Prevent a hunchback.
- The impulse coming from the thigh muscles of the standing leg initiates the back swing of the Sandbag to the shoulder. The trunk receives the power coming from the legs. Your shoulders lead the movement of the Sandbag upwards and the power of the arms pull back the Sandbag to the shoulder.
- Train on both sides.
Maintain stability in abdominal and back muscles to avoid movements to the sides.
Additional exercise instructions
The Sandbag exercise Lunge and Swing is a dynamic exercise which strengthens all core muscles. The movement is initiated by the thigh muscles.
Related Sandbag exercises
The Sandbag exercise Around the Body mainly strengthens the core muscles. You mainly train the lateral abdominal and back muscles, because of the circular movement around the body.
The Sandbag exercise Around the head focuses mainly on the shoulder girdle. It improves the mobility in the shoulder, because of the circular movement of the Sandbag.
The Sandbag exercise Push-up Slide mainly trains the supporting muscles of the body. Additionally you strengthen your shoulder while dynamically pulling and isometrically leaning on the Sandbag.
The Sandbag exercise Lunge Front activates the thigh muscles on a very high level because of the additional weight coming from the Sandbag.
The Sandbag exercise Lunge Overhead is an intensive exercise for the supporting muscles. The back-extensor is activated because of the high load on the back muscles resulting from the weight of the Sandbag.
This Sandbag exercise Lunge has a high load on the thigh muscles because of the additional weight coming from the Sandbag.