Kettlebell Clean with the Smashbell
- Degree of Difficulty 90% 90%
- Upper body bends forward and the Smashbell is held with extended arms just over the floor.
- Legs and hips explosively extend and bring the Smashbell along the body upwards. At the turning point bring the elbows forward and flip the Smashbell over until it rests on the chest.
- Bring the arms back, legs and hips bend and the upper body bends forward.
- The feet point forward and stand about shoulder width apart. The legs are bent at the knees so that the thighs are approximately parallel to the floor. The upper body is bent forward with a straight back. The arms are extended down and grab the Smashbell with both hands.
- Lift the Smashbell slightly off the floor. Then extend the legs and hips explosively use the momentum of the Smashbell to lift it close to the body. The upperarms are kept close to the body until the Smashbell has passed the elbows. Now bring the elbows forward and flip the Smashbell over until it rests on the chest.
- While exhaling extend the arms and bring the Smashbell controlled back to the floor. The upper body bends forward with a straight back.
Hold the lower back straight.
Additional exercise instructions
Turning Clean is a complex kettlebell exercise, which primarily works the back of the thigh (hamstring) and the lower back.
Related Kettlebell exercises
Balance Bent Over
The exercise Balance Bent Over with the Smashbell not only trains body balance but also the back of the thighs and the stomach muscles.
The Deadlift is a classic exercise for the lower back and the back of the thighs (hamstrings).
One Arm Deadlift
The kettlebell exercise Deadlift with one arm is different from normal deadlifts because it trains the deeper muscles in the trunk more intensely.
Kettlebell Swing with the Smashbell Degree of Difficulty Swing with the Kettlebell to Strengthen the Back Stand at shoulder width, legs bend, toes point forward. The upper body bends forward with a straight back. Smashbell is held with extended arms slightly off the...
The Turning Snatch is a complex kettlebell exercise for the entire body. The back of the thighs, shoulder muscles, and the whole body will be primarily trained.
The kettlebell exercise Table Long trains most of the body statically and only the shoulders and arm muscles work dynamically.