Crunch with the Kettlebell as Additional Weight
- Degree of Difficulty 30% 30%
Crunch with the Kettlebell
- Lay on the back with the Smashbell on the chest.
- Lift the upper body.
- Lower the upper body.
- Lay on the back. The legs are bent and the feet are set on the floor. The Smashbell is held with both hands in front of the chest, the head is directed forward and slightly raised.
- While exhaling the upper body is lifted by tightening the abdominals. The Smashbell stays fixed on the chest. It’s important to keep the lower back on the floor and to not overextend the neck forwards.
- The movement backwards should be done while inhaling and the back should be controlled rolling vertebrae by vertebrae back into the starting position.
The lower back should not be lifted from the floor, when necessary press it against the floor.
Additional exercise instructions
Related Kettlebell exercises
Balance Bent Over
The exercise Balance Bent Over with the Smashbell not only trains body balance but also the back of the thighs and the stomach muscles.
The Deadlift is a classic exercise for the lower back and the back of the thighs (hamstrings).
One Arm Deadlift
The kettlebell exercise Deadlift with one arm is different from normal deadlifts because it trains the deeper muscles in the trunk more intensely.
Kettlebell Swing with the Smashbell Degree of Difficulty Swing with the Kettlebell to Strengthen the Back Stand at shoulder width, legs bend, toes point forward. The upper body bends forward with a straight back. Smashbell is held with extended arms slightly off the...
The Turning Snatch is a complex kettlebell exercise for the entire body. The back of the thighs, shoulder muscles, and the whole body will be primarily trained.
The kettlebell exercise Table Long trains most of the body statically and only the shoulders and arm muscles work dynamically.