Around the Leg with the Kettlebell
- Degree of Difficulty 30% 30%
- Hold Smashbell between the legs. Slightly bend the knees, upper body is straight and bends forward.
- In one hand, lead the Smashbell from the front to the back, grab the Smashbell with the other hand and bring it around the leg back to the front.
- Do the same thing with the other hand to the other side.
- Hold the Smashbell with both hands between the legs, arms should be almost completely extended. The legs are slightly bent and the buttocks is pushed backwards. The feet point forward and stand at about shoulder width apart. The upper body is straight and bends forward.
- One hand lets go of the Smashbell and reaches back through the legs while the free hand comes outwards around the leg and grabs the Smashbell from behind. As soon as the free hand grabs the Smashbell, the other hand lets go of it and comes forward.
- The Smashbell is brought forward around the leg and taken through the legs backwards by the other hand. The Smashbell moves in the form of a figure eight by going around and through the legs. The upper body stays in its position and the back is kept straight.
Keep the back straight. The eyes stay facing forward during the whole exercise.
Additional exercise instructions
The Kettlebell exercise Around the Leg trains primarily the side abdominals. The buttocks and back of the thighs are also used in the exercise.
Related Kettlebell exercises
The exercise Balance Bent Over with the Smashbell not only trains body balance but also the back of the thighs and the stomach muscles.
The Deadlift is a classic exercise for the lower back and the back of the thighs (hamstrings).
The kettlebell exercise Deadlift with one arm is different from normal deadlifts because it trains the deeper muscles in the trunk more intensely.
Kettlebell Swing with the Smashbell Degree of Difficulty Swing with the Kettlebell to Strengthen the Back Stand at shoulder width, legs bend, toes point forward. The upper body bends forward with a straight back. Smashbell is held with extended arms slightly off the...
The Turning Snatch is a complex kettlebell exercise for the entire body. The back of the thighs, shoulder muscles, and the whole body will be primarily trained.
The kettlebell exercise Table Long trains most of the body statically and only the shoulders and arm muscles work dynamically.