Around the body with the Sandbag
- Degree of Difficulty 60% 60%
Rotate the Sandbag around your body
- Hold the Sandbag with slightly bent arms in front of your body.
- Rotate the Sandbag over one side behind the head.
- Rotate with a controlled back in front of your body.
- Repeat the exercise in the other direction.
- Hold the Sandbag with both hands in front of your body on hip level. Your arms are slightly bent in the elbow joints and the hands grab the Sandbag at the loops. The palms are facing each other. The feet are shoulder-wide and the toes are pointing to the front. The body is in an upright position and from feet to head in one line. You need to look to the front.
- Rotate the Sandbag via a circular movement over the side behind the head. You are still looking to the front. Pull together your shoulderblades.
- Swing and rotate the Sandbag back to the front. There is no stop in the whole movement. Try to move slowly and controlled when you rotate the Sandbag behind the head and back to the front.
- Repeat the exercise in the other direction to safe the shoulders from muscular dysbalances.
Make sure that you always look to the front. Your back is in a straight position all the time.
Additional exercise instructions
The Sandbag exercise Around the Body mainly strengthens the core muscles. You mainly train the lateral abdominal and back muscles, because of the circular movement around the body.
Related Sandbag exercises
Around the head
The Sandbag exercise Around the head focuses mainly on the shoulder girdle. It improves the mobility in the shoulder, because of the circular movement of the Sandbag.
The Sandbag exercise Push-up Slide mainly trains the supporting muscles of the body. Additionally you strengthen your shoulder while dynamically pulling and isometrically leaning on the Sandbag.
Lunge and Swing
The Sandbag exercise Lunge and Swing is a dynamic exercise which strengthens all core muscles. The movement is initiated by the thigh muscles.