Pushing the Sandbag form one shoulder to the other
- Degree of Difficulty 60% 60%
- Stable and upright stand. Put down the Sandbag on one shoulder.
- Raise the Sandbag over your head.
- Lay down the Sandbag on the other shoulder.
- Stand upright. Your feet are should shoulder- to hip-wide apart to support a stable stand. The upper body keeps a straight position. Your arms fix the Sandbag with both hands on one of your shoulders. The upper arm is close to the body and the elbow joint is bent maximally.
- Extend the arms above your head while squeezing back and down your shoulderblades. The whole body is under high tension.
- Bend your arms again and put down the Sandbag on the other shoulder in a controlled and slow way.
Try to pull your shoulderblades together to support a healthy position of the shoulders.
Additional exercise instructions
The Sandbag exercise Shoulder Lift Side to Side strengthens the shoulder and neck muscles.
Related Sandbag exercises
The Sandbag exercise Around the head focuses mainly on the shoulder girdle. It improves the mobility in the shoulder, because of the circular movement of the Sandbag.
The Sandbag exercise Push-up Slide mainly trains the supporting muscles of the body. Additionally you strengthen your shoulder while dynamically pulling and isometrically leaning on the Sandbag.
The Sandbag exercise Shoulder Lift is a classic exercise for the shoulder muscles. The lifting of the Sandbag over the head leads to a high load of the anterior shoulder muscles.
The Sandbag exercise Lift is a complex exercise for the whole body. You mainly work on the thigh back, shoulder muscles and all the back muscles.