One Arm Shoulder Press with the Kettlebell
- Degree of Difficulty 60% 60%
- Stand at about hip width. Hold Smashbell in an open hand at shoulder level.
- Extend arm upwards in a straight line.
- Bend arm to bring the Smashbell back into the starting position.
- The feet point forwards and stand bewteen hip and shoulder width apart. The upper body is straight. The upper arm is placed close to the body. The entire arm bends maximally in the elbow so that the forearm is pointing vertically upwards and the Smashbell can balance at shoulder level on the palm of the hand.
- While exhaling the arm is extended over the head and the shoulder is pulled back and inwards. The rest of the body stays tight.
- While inhaling lower the Smashbell, controlled and slowly, back to the starting position.
Shoulder blades should be pulled back throughout the whole exercise so that the shoulders don’t roll forward.
Additional exercise instructions
The kettlebell exercise One Arm Shoulder Press is a classic exercise for strengthening the shoulder muscles, as well as training the triceps.
Related Kettlebell exercises
The exercise Balance Bent Over with the Smashbell not only trains body balance but also the back of the thighs and the stomach muscles.
The Deadlift is a classic exercise for the lower back and the back of the thighs (hamstrings).
The kettlebell exercise Deadlift with one arm is different from normal deadlifts because it trains the deeper muscles in the trunk more intensely.
Kettlebell Swing with the Smashbell Degree of Difficulty Swing with the Kettlebell to Strengthen the Back Stand at shoulder width, legs bend, toes point forward. The upper body bends forward with a straight back. Smashbell is held with extended arms slightly off the...
The Turning Snatch is a complex kettlebell exercise for the entire body. The back of the thighs, shoulder muscles, and the whole body will be primarily trained.
The kettlebell exercise Table Long trains most of the body statically and only the shoulders and arm muscles work dynamically.