Intense ab exercise with the Suspension Trainer
- Degree of Difficulty 90% 90%
- Push-up position, feet in the loops.
- Knees to chest, roll-in abdomen.
- Stretch hip and legs to come back to starting position.
- Depending on the desired intensity, the feet or lower leg are hung up in the loops. The body is supported on its hands and remains in prone position. The abdomen is tensed and the buttocks lightly lifted upwards.
- From the body stretching the knees get bent and pulled towards the body or the chest. During this motion the lower back gets flexed and the belly button pulled inwards.
- The knees are pulled towards the chest as far as possible. The buttocks are directed upwards and the lower back is lightly bent.
- From this rolled-up position the legs get slowly moved back. The abdominal muscles remain tensed.
Keep your knees closed during the whole exercise. Do not lose the body tension when you stretch your body and avoid a hollow back. The exercise becomes more intensive, the more you remove your body from the suspension point.
Additional exercise instructions
The Recrunch is a Crunch or Sit-Up in prone position. The entire abdominal- and parts of the ischiocrural muscles including the hip flexor get stressed. This version is very intensive, since the arm stretchers get stressed very well. It is only suitable for advanced persons.
Related Suspension Trainer Exercises
The Sand-Pad exercise Siderotation strengthens all core muscles with focus on the lateral abdominal muscles. The Siderotation is a very dynamic exercise and therefore very effective for a warm-up program.
The Sand-Pad exercise Sidestaby strengthens all core muscles and mainly the lateral part of the abdominal muscles and the hip muscles.
The Sand-Pad exercise Balanced Legs stimulates a growth of the abdominal muscles. During the exercise you need to keep balance and therefore you also train the lateral abdominal muscles. The dynamic spreading and squatting of the legs leads you to different loads on the abdominal muscles.
The Sand-Pad exercise Crunch is a typical exercise to train the abdominal muscles. The higher the weight of the Sand-Pad, the higher the tension in the abdominal muscles.
In the Sand-Pad exercise Recrunch Slide you use the Sand-Pad as a slide on a smooth floor. Because of the bending and stretching of the legs in the push-up position, this exercise activates many core muscles. While bending the legs the abdominal muscles, the hip flexors and thigh muscles are activated.
In the Sand-Pad exercise Sit-up you use the Sand-Pad as an additional weight. The difficulty raises when you hold the Pad with your arms extended.