Lateral plank on the Sand-Pad
- Degree of Difficulty 60% 60%
- Lateral plank on the Sand-Pad.
- Lower your hip.
- Raise up your hip again.
- Your forearm rests on the Sand-Pad and your body is in a laterally position. The forearm should be bent by about 90°. Your shoulders should be in one line with your upper arm. The second arm can be raised up in the sky or lay down on your hips. The hip is raised and in one line with your back and legs. Your feet are in a stable position on the floor while your legs are close together.
- Try to lower your hip. The lateral abdominal muscles near the floor are stretched in that position. The centre of your body forms a little bend.
- Bring back your hip to the initial position with the power of the laterally abdominal muscles and your back muscles.
Try not to tilt your body front- or backwards. Hold the balance and a straight position in the centre of your body.
Additional exercise instructions
The Sand-Pad exercise Sidestaby strengthens all core muscles and mainly the lateral part of the abdominal muscles and the hip muscles.
Related Sand-Pad exercises
The Sand-Pad exercise Siderotation strengthens all core muscles with focus on the lateral abdominal muscles. The Siderotation is a very dynamic exercise and therefore very effective for a warm-up program.
The Sand-Pad exercise Balanced Legs stimulates a growth of the abdominal muscles. During the exercise you need to keep balance and therefore you also train the lateral abdominal muscles. The dynamic spreading and squatting of the legs leads you to different loads on the abdominal muscles.
The Sand-Pad exercise Crunch is a typical exercise to train the abdominal muscles. The higher the weight of the Sand-Pad, the higher the tension in the abdominal muscles.
In the Sand-Pad exercise Recrunch Slide you use the Sand-Pad as a slide on a smooth floor. Because of the bending and stretching of the legs in the push-up position, this exercise activates many core muscles. While bending the legs the abdominal muscles, the hip flexors and thigh muscles are activated.
In the Sand-Pad exercise Sit-up you use the Sand-Pad as an additional weight. The difficulty raises when you hold the Pad with your arms extended.
In the Sand-Pad exercise Rotation you turn the Sand-Pad from side to side. This exercise improves your abdominal muscles in a very effective way.