Recrunch with the Sand-Pad as a slider
- Degree of Difficulty 60% 60%
- Push-up position, your feet are on the Sand-Pad.
- Pull the knees to the front.
- Extend your legs back into the initial position.
- In the initial phase you are in the push-up position. Your arms should be shoulder-wide and your hands are laying on the floor. Your feet are located on the Sand-Pad and your body is from feet to head in one line.
- Trough the power of the core muscles you pull your legs to the front and the Sand-Pad slides over the smooth floor. The knees come closer to the elbows at the same time. Hip- and knee joints are bent extremely.
- The strength of your thigh muscles leads the Sand-Pad back into its initial position.
Avoid a hollow back while bringing back the legs into their initial position.
Additional exercise instructions
In the Sand-Pad exercise Recrunch Slide you use the Sand-Pad as a slide on a smooth floor. Because of the bending and stretching of the legs in the push-up position, this exercise activates many core muscles. While bending the legs the abdominal muscles, the hip flexors and thigh muscles are activated.
Related Sand-Pad exercises
The Sand-Pad exercise Siderotation strengthens all core muscles with focus on the lateral abdominal muscles. The Siderotation is a very dynamic exercise and therefore very effective for a warm-up program.
The Sand-Pad exercise Sidestaby strengthens all core muscles and mainly the lateral part of the abdominal muscles and the hip muscles.
The Sand-Pad exercise Balanced Legs stimulates a growth of the abdominal muscles. During the exercise you need to keep balance and therefore you also train the lateral abdominal muscles. The dynamic spreading and squatting of the legs leads you to different loads on the abdominal muscles.
The Sand-Pad exercise Crunch is a typical exercise to train the abdominal muscles. The higher the weight of the Sand-Pad, the higher the tension in the abdominal muscles.
In the Sand-Pad exercise Sit-up you use the Sand-Pad as an additional weight. The difficulty raises when you hold the Pad with your arms extended.
In the Sand-Pad exercise Rotation you turn the Sand-Pad from side to side. This exercise improves your abdominal muscles in a very effective way.