Front staby with the Sand-Pad
- Degree of Difficulty 60% 60%
Sand-Pad Core-Training Plank
- Push-up position with forearms laying on the Sand-Pad.
- Lift one leg in a parallel to the floor.
- Lower leg.
- Raise the other leg and try to train with both legs alternately.
- You are in a push-up position and your forearms rest on the Sand-Pad. Your hands hold each other. The angle in your elbow should be 90°. Back, buttocks and legs form a line.
- Lift one leg from the floor and the tension in your whole body will raise. Try to tense your back and abdominal muscles. Keep the leg extended.
- Lower the lifted leg again.
- Lift the other leg and train with both legs alternately to prevent a one-sidedness of the workout.
Keep your back in a straight position and prevent a hollow back. Always tense your buttocks and your abdominal muscles.
Additional exercise instructions
The Sand-Pad exercise Front Staby trains the core muscles. During the exercise, the whole trunk is under high tension.
Related Sand-Pad exercises
In the Sand-Pad exercise Roll-out Slide you use the Sand-Pad on a smooth floor as a slider. You train many trunk muscles while extending your arms. When you pull back the Sand-Pad you mainly work on your abdominal muscles, chest and shoulders.
With the Sand-Pad exercise Smashing athletes can really work off their energy. During the exercise you smash the Sand-Pad on the floor.
The Sand-Pad exercise Siderotation strengthens all core muscles with focus on the lateral abdominal muscles. The Siderotation is a very dynamic exercise and therefore very effective for a warm-up program.
The Sand-Pad exercise Sidestaby strengthens all core muscles and mainly the lateral part of the abdominal muscles and the hip muscles.
In the Sand-Pad exercise Recrunch Slide you use the Sand-Pad as a slide on a smooth floor. Because of the bending and stretching of the legs in the push-up position, this exercise activates many core muscles. While bending the legs the abdominal muscles, the hip flexors and thigh muscles are activated.
In the Sand-Pad exercise Rotation you turn the Sand-Pad from side to side. This exercise improves your abdominal muscles in a very effective way.