Roll-out with the Sand-Pad as a slider
- Degree of Difficulty 60% 60%
- Push-up position. Your hands rest on the Sand-Pad.
- Push the Sand-Pad with your arms forwards.
- Pull back the Sand-Pad.
- In the initial phase you are in a push-up position. Your hands grab the Sand-Pad. Your shoulders are located above your hands. Your back, buttocks and legs are in one line.
- Push the Sand-Pad slowly forward. The whole body is extending. The work of the abdominal muscles is very important to prevent a hollow back. The arms and the rest of your body are extended. The whole movement comes only from your shoulder joints.
- When you pull back the Sand-Pad, you first train your chest and shoulder muscles and then have a huge load on the abdominal muscles. Pull back your arms until they reached the initial position.
Increase the speed of the exercise slowly and don’t move into the extension at a maximum right from the beginning.
Additional exercise instructions
In the Sand-Pad exercise Roll-out Slide you use the Sand-Pad on a smooth floor as a slider. You train many trunk muscles while extending your arms. When you pull back the Sand-Pad you mainly work on your abdominal muscles, chest and shoulders.
Related Sand-Pad exercises
The Recrunch is a Crunch or Sit-Up in prone position. The entire abdominal- and parts of the ischiocrural muscles including the hip flexor get stressed. This version is very intensive, since the arm stretchers get stressed very well. It is only suitable for advanced persons.